Advantages of Beverage Packaging from BPS Glass
BPS Glass offers four key advantages that glass bottles provide in the food and beverage industry:
- Freshness and brilliance of flavor: There’s no need to be concerned about flavors fading in a glass bottle when it comes to food and beverage packaging. Because glass is an impermeable material that keeps air and other liquids out, glass bottles do not affect the flavor or freshness of the product.
- Safety of the Product: Glass is one of the safest materials for consumables. It’s non-toxic and doesn’t need to be lined with anything else. Glass is a wonderful choice for food and beverage businesses because it has been designated as GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) by the FDA, making it the only extensively used food packaging material to do so.
- Attractiveness: Glass has always been deemed high-quality and will continue to be so. The hue of a glass bottle never fades, and it has a long shelf life. Glass bottles from BPS Glass are clear, allowing your product to shine through. Using different glass colors to combine your brand’s colors and/or overall identity is a great way to go.
- Sustainable: Glass bottles manufactured by BPS Glass are constructed entirely of natural, sustainable raw materials and are infinitely recyclable. Because recycling is becoming an even greater concern for many consumers, using glass helps reduce additional waste, which is a great benefit of any product packaging.
Protecting the product is the primary function of a package. In the case of beverages, this means that during storage and handling, the product must be protected from leakage or contamination. Many products require protection against oxygen intrusion, sunlight exposure, carbonation loss, and package material component migration. All of these factors have the potential to affect the product’s flavor and quality. These considerations are even more important if a product makes a claim that must be supported for the duration of its use.
The product should be promoted through the packaging as well, and it should entice the customer to buy the product and make them pleased to do so. The package’s design conveys information about the product and imbues the consumer with a brand image. A long-neck beer bottle, for example, is easily recognized.
Have you ever bought a quick drink only to discover that it’s too big to fit in your cup holder when you get in your car? Beverage packaging should prioritize consumer convenience. The product should be easy to buy, carry, open, and use because of the packaging. When trying to keep a tight seal, this is more difficult than you might think. Packaging should be able to fit into a refrigerator or a home’s cupboards with one hand.
Finally, the consumer should be informed by the packaging. This includes information on the nutritional value, ingredients, manufacturing location and date, and shelf life. Packaging can also convey information about promotions, special holiday graphics, how to use the product and more.
- Protection of the contents
The main goal of packaging is to protect the contents from damage during transportation, handling and storage. Packaging keeps the product safe all the way from the manufacturer to the end-user, and it shields the product from moisture, light, heat, and other harmful elements. The primary goal of packaging is to achieve this. As a result, it’s not uncommon for the packaging to outnumber the product itself. This is especially true when purchasing items from online retailers.
- Protection of the user
Above all, packaging plays a critical role in ensuring the safety of both its contents and its users. Important information about the product and its safety should be included in the packaging. The packing date, best before date and ingredient list, for example, must all be visible on the packaging for food products. Whether the food is made of natural or recycled materials, no harmful chemicals, odor, or taste should be transferred from the packaging to the food.
- Appealing qualities
The packaging of a product is an important aspect of its brand and marketing. A distinctive package can boost a product’s appeal and, as a result, influence the likelihood of purchase. As important as the product itself is the packaging. Its goal is to make the product stand out on the website or shelf, increase sales, provide useful product information, and pique interest—studies show that packaging influences two-thirds of people’s purchasing decisions.
- Convenience of use
Customers want packaging that is appropriate for the product, and they expect user-friendly packaging that is both functional and convenient. Consumers are the only ones who assess packaging usability. Some consumers’ requirements will be satisfied by easily opening and closing packaging, folding and sorting after use, and reusing or recycling. Usability is also improved by good design. Today’s packaging usability trend is shifting away from single-use culture and toward bulk purchases, reusable packaging and personal containers.
- Long-term planning
Before making a purchasing decision, more and more consumers are considering the carbon footprint, reusability, and recycling of packaging materials. The more positive the perception of sustainable packaging is, the better it affects sales. The packaging design is critical in determining how easy it is to separate materials from one another and, as a result, how easy it is to reuse and recycle the packaging.
For more information on the advantages of beverage packaging in Florida, be sure to visit BPS Glass online today.